In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw a Honduran White Bat in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Honduran White Bat.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw a Honduran White Bat - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Step 1: Draw the head, which is roughly a large circle. Add the ears on either side, as well.
Step 2: Draw the face, which consists of a mask-like shape stretching across the face, with two circles for eyes and a snout in between.
Step 3: Add a long curved line to make the body.
Step 4: Draw the first wing, which sticks out from behind the bat's head.
Step 5: Now draw the back wing, Try to have the lines curved, like it's folded on top of itself.
Interesting Facts about the Honduran White Bat
The only member of the genus Ectophylla, the Honduran White Bat is as its name suggest a bat with snow white fur as well as an amber nose and ears. They are found not only in Honduras but also Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Western Panama up to elevations of 700m.
Did you know?
- Honduran White Bat’s along with the Northern Ghost Bat is one of only two known species of bats that are white.
- They are incredibly small at only 1-2 inches (3-5cm) long and often weigh less than an ounce at around 6 grams.
- Unlike other bats the Honduran White Bat are known to modify their environment to suit their needs.
- Honduran White Bat’s have a thin black membrane covering their skull that might act as a form of natural sunscreen.
- Honduran White Bats live in small colonies of six bats that huddle together in tents made out of leaves.
Lesson plan note: Honduran White Bat’s are no larger than a medical cotton ball. Bring cotton balls and enough assorted craft supplies for every student in the class, have students use the supplies to create their own White Bat.