In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Bugs Bunny in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Bugs Bunny.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Bugs Bunny - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about BUGS BUNNY from Looney Tunes
Bugs Bunny is a member of the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies casting group from the animated television series. The characters began their release during 1930 and were produced by the Warner Bros. studio during the Golden Age of American animation. The first characters made were Bosko and Buddy. These cartoons began in movie theaters and outnumbered the frequency of Walt Disney Productions, Paramount’s Famous Studios, Universal’s Walter Lantz, Columbia’s UPA, 20th Century Fox’s Terrytoons, MGM, and others.
Did you know?
- This character was first released in 1940 and voiced by the “Man of a Thousand Voices” Mel Blanc.
- He is a large grey male rabbit with white gloves and often seen eating a carrot.
- Bugs has a New York accent, portrayed as a trickster, and has the catchphrase “Eh… What’s up, doc?”
- He is the 9th most popular personality worldwide and has a star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- The franchise mascot Bugs Bunny is a cultural icon and has been in more films than any other animated character.
Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies has turned into a worldwide franchise, creating many television series, comic books, feature films, video games, music albums, and amusement park rides. Some of the characters have had cameo appearances in many other television shows, advertisements, and movies. As popularly regarded, the greatest cartoons in history are found in this franchise.