In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Bulbasaur in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Bulbasaur.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Bulbasaur - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur is a Pokémon character in the franchise resembling a toad with blue skin with dark green patches. It also has red eyes and its most distinct feature is the bulb shaped figure on its back which aids it with the essential nutrients and energy through photosynthesis.
Did you know?
- Bulbasaur’s gender has never been revealed in the series. It has been suggested that it is a male but has never been explicitly stated as most Pokémon are not known by the main characters in the series.
- Bulbasaur is the third most common character in the cartoon series since it has appeared in most episodes behind Pikachu and Meowth.
- Bulbasaur hidden ability is chlorophyll as it uses it in photosynthesis to get energy.
- The characters Ash, May and Shauna have been in possession of at least one Bulbasaur in the anime series.
- Its name originates from bulb, a storage plant organ, and saur, a Greek word for lizard.
Additionally has appeared in the anime series, manga series and the games. It is regarded as well behaved Pokémon due to its loyalty and caretaking skills of other Pokémon utilizing its vines to hold and rock other Pokémon in the air.