In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Foghorn Leghorn in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Foghorn Leghorn.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Foghorn Leghorn - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about FOGHORN LEGHORN from Looney Tunes
Foghorn Leghorn is a member of the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies casting group from the animated television series. The character was released during 1946, created by Robert McKimson and was produced by the Warner Bros. studio during the Golden Age of American animation. He was voiced by Mel Blanc originally, then Joe Alaskey, and currently Jeff Bergman.
Did you know?
- This character is a American male chicken with a white body, brown head, and 3 brown tail feathers.
- The very large rooster stutters in English with an authoritative voice.
- A leghorn is a type of chicken and a foghorn refers to the character’s loud and domineering voice.
- His friends are Leghorns’ grandson, his girlfriend Miss Prissy, and her son Egghead Jr.
- His enemies are The Barnyard Dog, a weasel named Bill, and the young Henery Hawk.
He was inspired by character Senator Claghorn, a Southern politician acted by Kenny Delmar from the Fred Allen radio show. He often said “That’s a joke, ah say, that’s a joke, son” mimicking a Texas rancher. Foghorn starred in 28 cartoons that were directed by Robert McKimson from 1946 to 1964. Since then, he has had appearances in movies, television shows and commercials, music videos and video games.