In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Mew in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Mew.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Mew - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Mew
Mew is pink in color and bipedal in nature. It has long thin tail. It has three fingered paws and large legs and feet. It is also another Pokémon that does not evolve to or from another Pokémon. Mew is also thought to be the mother of Mewtwo Pokémon whose DNA and genetic structure was tampered with by scientists.
Did you know?
- Mew’s DNA is said to contain attributes of other Pokémon which helps it to learn any new attacks during battles.
- Mew was originally not intended to be in the game and was added last minute by an overzealous programmer, Shigeki Morimoto and it is the key reason why the games gained popularity during the early release stages.
- It can adapt into any environment such as water and air where it changes its movement patterns and survival mechanisms.
- Since it has the ability to make itself invisible, it has been thought to be extinct, but in reality it shows itself to only those it deems pure at heart.
- Mew shares the same transformation ability as Ditto but with better success rate when done from memory. This is in the games.
Additionally, Mew is characterized as selfless, curiosity and intelligence especially in the first and eighth movies.