In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Rapidash in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Rapidash.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Rapidash - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Rapidash
Rapidash is the evolution of Ponyta, and shares the same fiery mane and creamy coloring as its former evolution. However, the Rapidash Pokemon has flames not only coming from their mane, but from their back, legs and tail as well. They also have a horn that protrudes from the top of the forehead. This Pokemon is a naturally gifted racer and runner, and will try and get almost anything that moves into a race with it to show off its skills and speed. They reach a mind-boggling 150 miles per hour when at full speed, and can gain this momentum from a dead stop within ten paces. The faster that this horse Pokemon gallops, the longer and brighter its mane will appear to be.
Did you know?
- When Rapidash is running at full speed, its hooves barely touch the ground.
- Their fiery mane will sparkle when they reach high speeds.
- They live mostly in grassy areas, wide open spaces where they are free to run to their heart’s content. Sometimes, though, they can be seen in the mountains.
- This Pokemon is incredibly competitive. Everything is a race, and they can’t stop themselves from chasing cars and trains.
- They can keep pace with a bullet train.
Additional Facts about Rapidash: In the manga series, this Pokemon has been seen using its fire abilities to create a protective barrier of fireballs around their trainer. Like most Pokemon, Rapidash can be fiercely protective over the one who trains it, and show immense loyalty to trainers who respect and care for them properly-namely, giving them lots of room to run. In the movie Mewtwo Strikes Back, this was one of the Pokemon cloned by MewTwo.