In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Umbreon in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Umbreon.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Umbreon - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Umbreon
It is one of the final evolution of Eevee. It also belongs in the normal-type group of Pokémon. It has a black body and slim legs. It has yellow rings over its body, forehead and legs as well as ears and tail. They glow in the dark when it is attacking a prey and is used to intimidate foes.
Did you know?
- Eevee can only evolve into Umbreon when it has gained the trust of its trainer at night, which is why it is known as Moonlight Pokémon.
- It has a technique of spraying poisonous sweat when provoked or agitated. This is its hidden talent along with the camouflage technique.
- While they can be found in dark places in the wild, they are usually in urban setting under the care of humans.
- Its design and traits are based on the black fox, moon rabbit and ancient Egypt cat traits.
- In the anime, when an Umbreon is exposed to moonlight, its body glows faintly and gains an unknown power.
Additionally, the name of Umbreon is derived from Umbra which is a reference to the moon eclipse and eon which is the suffix of the all Eevee evolutions.