In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Curious George in 8 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Curious George.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Curious George - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about Curious George
Curious George is the main character and title of a series of books that was published in 1941 by Hans Augusto Rey and Margret Rey. Each book features different characters and events, but always center around George, a curious brown monkey from Africa. He was brought to the big city by “The Man in the Yellow Hat” to live in a zoo, but after escaping, the Man decided George should live with him.
Did you know?
- The creators of the book had to hurriedly leave France on bicycles, taking with them an early version of “Curious George”.
- The books have been in continuous print since they were first published in 1941.
- There was confusion over the name of “The Man in the Yellow Hat” until the 2006 movie revealed it was Ted.
- George appeared in a book titled “Cecily G. and the Nine Monkeys” before he starred in his own series.
- In England, George was respectfully named “Zozo” at first, as King George was still alive.
The plot of Curious George usually revolves around “The Man” taking George somewhere, and George getting himself into curious adventures. However, “The Man” always comes back at the right time, helping George get out of any tough spots.