In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Wartortle in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Wartortle.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Wartortle - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Wartortle
It is a water-type Pokémon. It evolves from the Squirtle to the Blastoise. It structure is in many ways similar to a turtle with a brown shell with yellow on its underside encasing its body. The shell has scars on past battles.
Did you know?
- It can swim at very high speeds by using its ears and tail to propel itself for a more streamlined movement along the water.
- Its attacks from under the water where it waits for its prey until it can emerge and attack it easily.
- Its tail becomes coved with long fur at old age and it is said to bring good look, so the elder versions of Wartotle are highly poached.
- Also its long tail indicates to other Pokémon that the Wartotle is an elder and is very wise, so they are well respected and admired by younger Wartotle.
- It can live up to 10,000 years which is the longest life span of any Pokémon in the franchise.
It is mostly found in ponds and lakes but can live in colonies on islands. Its fur is also used to store air when it dives deeper during diving in the deeper parts of lakes.