In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Winnie The Pooh in 7 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Winnie The Pooh.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Winnie The Pooh - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about WINNIE THE POOH
Winnie the Pooh is a member of the Disney casting group from the largest retail franchise in the world. The characters began being designed during 1923 in Los Angeles by Walt Disney, an American illustrator. They were featured in live-action film production, television, and theme parks.
Did you know?
- This character was designed by A. A. Milne and used in books since 1928 that were adapted to film.
- He is a yellow teddy bear with a red shirt who loves honey, and his creation was inspired by one of the few plush toys owned by the author’s son Christopher Robin Milne.
- Other characters are Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, Owl, Kanga, Roo, and Eeyore.
- Pooh Bear has been translated to various languages and became the only Latin story to have been mentioned in The New York Times Best Seller list.
- He has been seen in audio records and cassettes, radio shows, many theatrical movies, many television shows and series, many VHSs and DVDs, and stage performances.
His inspiration has brought books and essays to explain philosophical concepts, and used by philosophers to illustrate works of famous geniuses. Pooh has a street named after him in Poland and Hungary, and has been referred to in songs and band names. Other tributes are that his favorite game inspired a World Championship Poohsticks race each year, builders made a bridge to look as the one in the story, and students started The Oxford University Winnie the Pooh Society.