In this quick tutorial you'll learn how to draw Onix in 6 easy steps - great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represent how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps - you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Onix.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How to Draw Onix - Step-by-Step Tutorial
Interesting Facts about the Onix
Onix is an immensely large rock Pokémon that is surprisingly good at camouflaging in mountains and rocky surroundings. How? Its long, snake-like body resembles a chain of huge gray boulders which start enormous near its head but gradually get smaller towards the tail. But don’t let its massive size (28’10”) and weight (210 kg) fool you, as this Pokémon can travel underground at an incredible 50 mph.
Did you know?
- Onix has an amazing magnet inside its brain which works as a natural compass, preventing it from getting lost when tunnelling underground
- In pain it can become extremely aggressive, attacking humans and other Pokémon who disturb or get in its way
- Onix can rotate its head and ‘boulders’ a full 360 degrees, allowing for easy burrowing and observing
- Onix can absorb hard objects and even lives on a diet of, yep, rocks
- Once older, Onix becomes smoother and transforms into something more like a black diamond
If trained correctly, Onix will be an extremely loyal and helpful Pokémon to have around. They can be difficult to track as they prefer to stay underground, but if you find one, well you’re pretty sure to know about it.